Do you still remember the time when you got your first computer? Or that time when you exchanged games on diskettes with the other geeky kids in school? When playing games was not enough and you wondered how those games were made? Or when you exchanged code snippets during school breaks or Czech/Slovak classes? You can relive the experience of community and exploration once again!
Coderetreat is a day-long, intensive practice event, focusing on the fundamentals of software development and design. It provides developers with the opportunity to take part in focused practice, away from the pressures of “getting things done.”
Imagine the Buddhist monks drawing a mandala from specks of sand. Every movement is perfect, every shape and color are in place—and then they just destroy it mercilessly.
This is what a Coderetreat event is really about:
- Coming up with the very best name for a function or variable
- Designing the perfect class structure
- Inventing the fastest or leanest data structure
- Designing the perfect test suite
- Coding with your partner zestfully as if you were playing your favorite video game together
- …and then deleting everything you wrote
So, if you have always wanted to experience pair programming, wondered what unit tests are for, wanted to be a better software engineer, or, if you just want to have a ton of fun, join us for the upcoming Coderetreat session, planned for May 25, 2019. As you should be skilled in coding (in any language), this event is suitable for developers and automation testers.